Monday, January 28, 2008

It doesn't have to stand alone...

My friend, Jen, and I hit the thrift store this weekend and Jen spied this guy right here. He likes cheese. He wants YOU to put YOUR CHEESE in HIS belly. He promises the next time you make spaghetti, it will be right there where you left it, ready for you to sprinkle all over your meatball. Considering no one else in my home has volunteered to be the custodian of the cheese, I decided to take a chance on this guy. He seems pleased about being given the opportunity. Of course, now I have to buy some parmesan cheese. In the meantime, he can organize the spice rack.

Jen said that growing up her familly had one of these. I had never seen a condiment dispenser so charming. My family's parmesan cheese came in a cardboard tube covered in green foil. The only time that thing had any personality was if you spun the plastic yellow lid until the little holes were on top and the half circle was at the bottom. Then it grinned awkwardly at you as if it was waiting for you to take it's picture. "Cheeeeeeeeeese"!

6 comments:

Jerdre53 said...

What an inviting way to put some 'stinky cheese' on your food!

sweetcheese said...

How cute! But you can't tell me Piper didn't TOTALLY offer repeatedly to take care of the cheese for you. You know, until you wanted it back.
-Tanya

sheasy said...

Yes. I'm sure she wouldn't lick it, or roll around on top of it, or bury it under my dirty laundry. Just like when I got out of the shower today and she hadn't gone into my purse and eaten a third of a pack of Trident.

Mama Mayborne... said...

Thanks for sharing that very cute cheesy thing. :)

High Desert Diva said...

Yep...same fancy green foil, cardboard shakers at our house
Is it even real cheese?

Kylie B said...

That mouse is really cute, your etsy shop is wonderful BTW!