Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Artist's Way

My friend Jen has started reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and doing the exercises in the accompanying workbook. She has encouraged a group of us to join her. I went on Amazon, bought the books and they arrived today. So, here I go! I'll post updates from time to time on how I'm doing.

From what I understand, the first activity involves deciding to get up a half an hour earlier to spend time writing at least three pages. Sheesh. If ever there were a WORSE way for me to get started, I do not know what it is. I LOVE TO BE NOT AWAKE. Maybe that is the point of this whole project.

Warm, comfortable bed, I'm gonna miss you....... maybe.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Callooh Callay said...

Sounds like a great book! I'll be interested to see updates on whether it frees your creativity, gets rid of fears and all that (think of that when you're getting up early).

sheasy said...

If all it does is gets me out of bed earlier than I will consider it a success!