doobies. There is culture everywhere you look with every step and in every face that you see (the Dutch are extremely friendly and blunt - a quality that makes them all the more charming).
My friend Schaa leaves for Europe on Saturday, and will be visiting Amsterdam as well as parts of Italy. As I figure out how I can steal her ticket without anyone else being the wiser, here is a list of things I miss about Amsterdam:
* Bicycles!! Anywhere and everywhere in every size and shape
* Greeting everyone with a kiss on each cheek
* Cool, wavy no-fuss travel hair
* No driving! Yippee!! If you need to relax, try this one at home.
* Kaas (cheese). Oh, the cheeeeeeeeese.
* Not being the most pale-skinned person everywhere I go
* Daydreaming about which canal house to move into
* Daydreaming about which houseboat to move into
* Hanging out with my cousin every day
* That red jelly-like sauce that came with our Argentinian steak
* Multi Euro coins!! We need to get on this bandwagon, America.
* Having everywhere you want to go be only 15 minutes away
* The XXX's everywhere (their flag, you pervs)
* Trying to pass as European and failing miserably
* Public Art EVERYWHERE
* Having it stay light out until 11:00 at night only to have the sun come up at 5:00 in the morning
* Heading home at 5:00 in the morning and the streets are bustling with people also headed home
* Waking up at 9:00 in the morning and not a single person, bicycle, or car can be found
Click on the picture to get to some of my Amsterdam pic in my Flickr set