Thursday, March 6, 2008

Baby went to Amsterdam...


More Canal Houses
Originally uploaded by sheiladilling
I am the luckiest girl in the world because I travelled to Holland last July with my cousin Jennifer. I immediately fell in love with Amsterdam, a city that has much more to offer than boobs and doobies. There is culture everywhere you look with every step and in every face that you see (the Dutch are extremely friendly and blunt - a quality that makes them all the more charming).

My friend Schaa leaves for Europe on Saturday, and will be visiting Amsterdam as well as parts of Italy. As I figure out how I can steal her ticket without anyone else being the wiser, here is a list of things I miss about Amsterdam:

* Bicycles!! Anywhere and everywhere in every size and shape
* Greeting everyone with a kiss on each cheek
* Cool, wavy no-fuss travel hair
* No driving! Yippee!! If you need to relax, try this one at home.
* Kaas (cheese). Oh, the cheeeeeeeeese.
* Not being the most pale-skinned person everywhere I go
* Daydreaming about which canal house to move into
* Daydreaming about which houseboat to move into
* Hanging out with my cousin every day
* That red jelly-like sauce that came with our Argentinian steak
* Multi Euro coins!! We need to get on this bandwagon, America.
* Having everywhere you want to go be only 15 minutes away
* The XXX's everywhere (their flag, you pervs)
* Trying to pass as European and failing miserably
* Public Art EVERYWHERE
* Having it stay light out until 11:00 at night only to have the sun come up at 5:00 in the morning
* Heading home at 5:00 in the morning and the streets are bustling with people also headed home
* Waking up at 9:00 in the morning and not a single person, bicycle, or car can be found

Click on the picture to get to some of my Amsterdam pic in my Flickr set

No comments: