Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday Soundtrack

I must be worried that the rhythm is gonna get me 'cause I downloaded a gaggle of random songs today. I recommend any of these if you are in the mood to sing a long at the top of your lungs.

Here's a list:

"Sorrow", Bad Religion, 2002
Whenever this song comes on the radio in the car, I pretend I am performing this in front of a crowd of thousands in the hot sun and they become moved by the power of my voice and start chanting with me. My at home performance of the song seems to send the chihuahua-terrier burrowing under the blankets. Obviously, she is overwhelmed with emotion, too.
Favorite Line: "And there will be... SOOORROOOOOOW, NOOOO MOOOOOORE!"

"Comfort Eagle", Cake, 2001
Once upon a time, a Sacramento girl saw a Sacramento band in Sacramento and turned into a forever fan. Cake is known for their absurd lyrics, wacky use of percussion, and John McCree's talky-talk lyric delivery. No singing? Perfect accompaniment for the tone def!
Favorite Line: "Some people drink Pepsi. Some people drink Coke. The wacky morning DJ says democracy's a joke"

"Take the Skinheads Bowling", Camper Van Beethoven, 1985
Is ever a more profound sentiment been put into song? I don't think so.
Favorite Line: "There's not a line that goes here that rhymes with anything"

"Punk Rock Girl", Dead Milkmen, 1988
David always sings this song in reference to my friend, Rachel, probably because she is the only person he knows personally that has several tattoos, none of which she makes any attempt to conceal, even on special occasions. All of these lyrics make for fun singing.
Favorite Line: "We ordered some hot tea, the waitress said well no, we only have it iced, so we jumped up on the table and shouted Anarchy!"

"Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On", Mel McDaniels
I couldn't find the year this came out, but I know I was a wee lass. If you've never two-stepped, this old-school country song has the power to get you out on the dance floor to try your best. I speak from experience.
Favorite Line: "It just comes naturalleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, and aww the girl can't help it"

"Valerie" Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse, 2007
So I am hooked on this season's Dancing with the Stars and Mario danced his first dance to this song. Get better, Amy. The world needs you to sing more songs like this. Now sing something Adam Corolla can dance to - he needs the extra points.
Favorite Line: With her voice, it doesn't matter, it is all perfection.

No comments: