Sunday, June 15, 2008

Get to the Source, Woman!

Overheard at the Public Library:

Visitor: I need a book on fragrance.

Clerk: Do you mean perfume?

Visitor: No fragrance, like where does a scent come from...

Clerk: You mean like your sense of smell?

Visitor: Kinda. My apartment has this really bad smell and I'm trying to figure out what it is.

Clerk: Okaaaaaaay...

Visitor: Sometimes it smells like oranges, but a lot of the time it just smells really bad, like feces.

Clerk: Hmmmm.... let me see what we have...

If only I had my red sparkle capelet with me. Also, this makes me REALLY wish I worked at the library. These people are MY people - the people who are convinced that a book is the best resource for determining the source of a horrid smell permeating their living space. That and they are having free ballroom dance class today. That's it, I'm moving in and I'm bringing my stink with me.

2 comments:

Esther V. said...

That's pretty funny. I'm surprised you didn't offer to help figure out what the smell was since you have super human smelling powers!

la said...

Ah ha ha ha. I'm going to pass that on to my friend the librarian.