Saturday, June 7, 2008

Well, you take the good, you take the bad....

I've been tagged by Stacy, so here are some weird facts about me.

1. I have one supernatural talent. That is my ability to smell EVERYTHING. If I could figure out how to use this to fight crime, I'd buy some flashy tights and you could start calling me "Super-Sniffy" or maybe "The Nostril Annihilator". I pride myself on describing precisely what I smell..... "Ugh! It smells like a dirty diaper full of boiled cabbage!!!" My least favorite smell, you might wonder? Any place that has a Cinnabon. It's like my Kryptonite.

2. I went to high school with the brother of the girl who was in "The Real Milli Vanilli". Not such a weird fact about me, but being that close to that kind of insanity is something I will hold close to my heart forever and ever. After the scandal, I even got a free tape of The Real Milli Vanilli's album, which I remember as being pretty good. Don't know what happened to that (coaster? wobbly leg fixer?) Assignment: Is The Real Milli Vanilli available on iTunes?

3. I've never opened my eyes under water. I tried. Once as a kid in swimming class, but since then I've been squinting away. NO WANT.

4. I don't like The Sopranos. Nothing personal, I just don't get it.

5. I have keloids, which are raised scars that are kind of pink and "fleshy". From what I understand, they are kind of a mystery of science. When I got appendicitis a couple years ago and the surgeon came in for my consultation, he asked 2 questions regarding my pain and about a dozen questions about my keloids. This is a pretty typical response from most doctors. I got my keloids as a result of having the chicken pox when I was 8. I was pretty self-conscious about them for most of my adolescence, but at some point they became a part of me. The one on my arm used to look like a butterfly shape (keloids stretch out and change shape over time). People would always ask, "Is that a tattoo?" Here it is now (less pink and more stretched):

IMG_2431

So, now it's more of a butterfly after it hit a windshield.

6. I lived in Mexico for a month in college, but years later my Spanish is broken at best. I stayed with the sweetest family in Cuernavaca and celebrated the new year and two birthdays with them. They introduced me to homemade paella and pepitas. One of their children had Down's Syndrome and gave the best hugs ever. He also lead every meal with a very hearty, "Salud!" They treated me like family and they barely knew me. I hope to have a home like that some day.

7. In sixth grade, we had to pick nature names. The idea was that you would take the first letter of your name and find an animal or shrub that starts with the same letter. For example, "Sheila Skunk", "Sheila Shellfish", or "Sheila Shrub". Most of the names I came up with did not match my personality. Then I read about the Gila Monster (hee-la monster). It's an orange and black striped lizard with a poisonous bite. I broke the rules and picked "Sheila Monster" as my nature name. My teacher was severely disappointed but the name stuck long after the assignment was over. There are people out there in the world, who if I ran into them today would say, "Sheila Monster!"

I'm tagging the folks on the bottom. I know I'm supposed to do seven, but as you can see above, I don't have a problem tweaking the rules. Speaking of rules (or as I would call them guidelines), here they are:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So, YOU'RE IT, guys!
Sweetcheese
The Sweet Life
LAAngel

3 comments:

robayre said...

Ohmygosh, I've never opened my eyes under water either. That stuff is for the birds, er, um, fish.

Esther V. said...

I'll be working on my 7 tonight, thanks for givin' me something to do!!

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Way too funny...again! Thanks Sheasy for being as always a terrific sport. That butterfly natural tattoo you have does look like a splat on someone's windshield. Milli Vanilli--why'd they have to bust the fantasy? Loved their songs. Too bad the aftermath really destroyed those 2 guys. Thanks again for the laughs!
Stacy ;)