Monday, July 14, 2008

Crossed Wires

I become easily entranced by power lines. They are like enormous reminders to "Look Up!" every once in a while. I took a number of photos of some of the poles and wires in my neighborhood recently. My favorites are below.

Crossed Wires

I imagine at some point these types of things will become obsolete and tore down since they aren't particularly attractive. The one that runs across the street from my building serves as a little overpass for the neighborhood squirrels crossing the busy street below. Some times they even leap frog over each other.

In the winter, I get some brilliant sunsets outside my bedroom window. I can't imagine this photo looking as electric if it weren't plugged into that power pole. Can you?

Electric Sunset

3 comments:

thecoconutdiaries said...

I am excited to see powerlines without shoes on them!

brainteaser said...

I can see why the bottom pic is your fave. Lovely, isn't it?

WorldmedTourism said...

I like your theme very much