Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh, sake!

About a year ago, I made my friend Jen rummage through racks and racks of grimy glassware to find the last piece to thrift store gem:

Sake Set - $2 thrift find

If YOUR local thrift store is like MY local thrift store then they absolutely will not under any circumstance sell something as an incomplete set. This was marked as a set of four (including the bottle). I could only find two cups (which was fine with me because three's company, Chrissy Snow, so hit the bricks)! Anyway, after 40 minutes of scavenging, at last, the third cup was found. Hurray. Two dollars later and this was mine all mine. I have not yet used it for sake, but my last minute salad dressing never looked so dainty.

9 comments:

180/360 said...

I love it! I really need to hit the thrift stores soon. I keep seeing all these cool things on various blogs.

brainteaser said...

Hey Sheasy!

Lovely!

so NOT cool said...

Ooh, what a treasure. Thrifting can be SO satisfying. Unless you are my husband. o_0

Ann said...

Very nice. Even better that you don't use it for sake.

Be sure to use the little cups for condiments: ketchup, butter, relish, or soy sauce.

sheasy said...

Thrift stores and garage sales are my heaven. My dirty, grimy, disheveled heaven.

Maura said...

Cute! It was worth the search. I haven't been to a thrift store lately because I have NOWHERE to put any more treasures.

Z said...

I loooooove thrift store treasures! (But yes, the grime. Oh, the grime)

Chat Blanc (aka Sandy) said...

super cute! I give you kudos for braving the grime to find the prize!

Julie said...

omg....I love that! Resale/vintage shops are the reason I need a two or twelve bedroom apartment!

www.peglegstarfish.com