Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thrifty Art Gift (Pt. 2)

So last we met, I had come up with a crafty gift by modifying a thrift frame to hold a line drawing I made of an old school pencil sharpener. How happy am I that I came up with such a clever gift or my creative buddy? I mean, I would be ECSTATIC to receive some thrifty art as a gift. Wouldn't you?

Well, happy birthday to me. On the occasion I presented my gift to my friend, she had also given me a gift. And that gift happened to be a piece of thrifty art made by her own hand. So I guess we will start getting our periods at the same time now any day. We're synced!!

Check out her creation:

Gift from Tanya

And it fits in wonderfully into one of my little vignettes I already have hanging on my wall:

Art Wall Display with Tanya's Gift

Thanks, universe, for all the reciprocated goodness and for all the great friends you've brought my way. I.O.U.

6 comments:

Esther V. said...

That's SO bad ass! I love it when the Universe sends back the goodness that you send out, and what a blessing to have such great friends!

sweetcheese said...

And I am thankful and blessed as well to have such a crafty friend!

Tiffany Teske said...

OOhhhh, I love both of your thrifty art gifts, as well as the oh so funny comments about your periods... LOL!

Tiffany Teske said...

I meant comment, not comments...

Anonymous said...

I love it. I wish I had thrifty art friends. It looks great on your wall. I also like your pencil sharpener line drawing. When I was in kindergarten, a girl in my class sharpened her finger. I'm sure that happens a lot in that grade, but I was the "star of the day" so I had to walk her to the nurse's office. I was traumatized for life.

sheasy said...

I love this piece. Thank you Tanya!