Monday, August 18, 2008

Holey Moleys


Done! - Crafting 365/243, originally uploaded by blockpartypress.

When I was a kid, my parents never trusted me around a pair of scissors or nail clippers or a hole punch. Not because they were afraid that I would hurt myself but because I tended to get carried away very easily by the act of punching or cutting or snipping.

Often times, my dad would open up the newspaper to bunny shaped holes in the articles and basketweaves in the middle of the classifieds.

When I saw this in blockpartypress's flickr photostream, it immediately took me back to turning scrap to fab with just a single but mighty tool. This is far more deliberate than my old newspaper creations and incredibly polished and dreamy. Hold your newspapers close, people.

7 comments:

Bird said...

Oooh, purty! I aimlessly collect those little round bits from hole punches and never knew until now what the hell to do with them...

Nicole said...

Love it!

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

And my daughter seems to have inherited your clipping, cutting, and hole punching tendencies.

It's my childhood all over again!

so NOT cool said...

I like how when I scroll the page up and down, some of the circles look like they are flashing! Optical illusions rock.

180/360 said...

That is so cool! I love it. I didn't give my daughter scissors to play with and then when she started preschool last year, her teacher gave me a dirty look and was like "Give the girl scissors. She needs to learn how to use those. And while you are at it, let your 2 year old use them, too." And here I thought I was being a good and cautious mom.

Toxiferous said...

This is so cool! There are few things that are more fun than cutting up paper.

Tiffany Teske said...

Holy Circles Batman, this brings me to have to ask you Sheas, what happened to the circle mobile? Did you find the YES?