Friday, August 1, 2008

A Lesson about Flickr and Eddie Murphy

So some time in early July, I saw this little shot of absurdity on Flickr. I hadn't heard of the movie promoting this, just thought how insane it would be to be following the head of Eddie Murphy on the freeway. I assumed it must be a film prop. Turns out it was actually part of the promotion for the movie, so bleh, it's prop for an advertisement, ewwwww.

I love Flickr. I like to ooh and aah and chuckle at all the ingenuity there is on the site. Sometimes I leave a comment hoping the owner will respond (most people do - doesn't that say a lot about the Flickr community)? I also like to see what things other people say.

Anyway, never have I regretted more leaving a comment on this piece of crazy. Every time I check my comments I've left, this thing pops up. It has over 165 comments with 70-something thousand views. Holy Buckwheat! So for the first time in my Flickr history, I deleted a comment to get this image out of my life. Leave me alone, Eddie!!!

By the way, the comment I felt so important to add to the photo?
"This is going to HAUNT me. EDDIE! What have you done for me lately, EDDIE???!!! "

Consider this your exorcism Mr. Murphy.

8 comments:

la said...

Gah, imagine crashing into that. Imagine your relatives being told you'd been killed in a motorway pile up involving Eddie Murphy's giant head. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Maura said...

Ha! That's funny. I rarely check the comments I've left, so that wouldn't have occurred to me.

Are you following the story of Rosie and Aaron?

so NOT cool said...

That is freaky. I would put it in the same category as that damn king in the Burger King commercials.

I wonder if this is for the movie that even Eddie didn't attend the premiere of because it was THAT bad.

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Yeep, that is one crazy big head! At least his Flickr photo is getting attention, even if the movie isn't.

robayre said...

I've done that same thing before - deleting a comment because I'm tired of seeing everyone else's comments after mine "There have been 300 comments since you left yours.."

Spoz said...

Wow, people really do have to much time on their hands don't they?

Seriously though, I can relate with this image haunting you forevermore... so here is my question; can you still log into your blog now without wanting to hurl the computer across the room? :P

Julie said...

it's so scary, yet so realistic at the same time. :)

www.peglegstarfish.com

180/360 said...

That is so funny! Both his enormous head on a freeway and the fact that you are tormented by it. I often want to disable a bunch of Flickr's features. I