Saturday, August 16, 2008

Painting the Town Orange

I'm not one to get my toes done. I am tensing up right now just thinking about a stranger rubbing up on my feet and in between my toes. Add to that my exaggerated fear of fungus. My cousin Jennifer on the other hand has immaculate toes and considers pedicure as necessary as flossing and shaving (two more things I am very sporadic about).

While she was here she got her toes "done" and I treated myself to the first manicure I've had in about a year. Jennifer insisted I get something summery since I was leaning toward very neutral shades or deep, deep reds. So, that is how this orange came about:

Orange Nails

For my nails this is the equivalent of a fresh haircut and a new pair of shoes rolled into one. In other words, these nails expect some free drinks.

5 comments:

sweetcheese said...

I particularly like the backdrop you chose for the shot--"cloudless sky and pitiless sun" indeed.

firerobin said...

I finally talked the Mrs. into doing her own nails ... so much cheaper than going to the salon once every couple of weeks. Those dang french tips are expensive!

la said...

Very nice! Reminds me of that April March song -

It made me think of daffodils
In some old-fashioned hospital
The nurses in their uniforms
All their toenails painted orange

Now all you need is a coral bra-ce-let =)

Z said...

WOW is that orange - and I love the background of the pic, too - really brings out the color :)

Tiffany Teske said...

Lovely, good for your for treating yourself. I have this exact color in my nail polish stash and I love it!