Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sponge Tongue

My cousins are in town.

This means it's just a matter of minutes before I start referring to you and you and you, as y'all. We won't plan on taking a road trip, we'll be fixin' to hit the road!

Starting today, all dialogue will be spoken at an audible level usually only appropriate at rock concerts or tarmacs. There will be a sound that starts out as laughter but very quickly morphs into a distinct cackling noise. If you are nearby and you hear this sound, you will probably first duck before looking around for the swarm of maniacal turkeys you fear are flying toward your head.

And there will be a lot of talk about gastro-intestinal phenomenon. Accusations will be made and retalatory action will(must!) be taken. People will resort to using their bodily functions for evil-doing, all the while another flock of maniacal turkeys flies overhead.

I will become immediatley aware of the expressions made by an extremely observant 3-year-old, who upon seeing a public bus emphatically announces to the car, "City Bus!!" Because in a week's time after they have gone home, I will shout out to my lone self, "City Bus!!" three or four times each day on my way to work and I will miss them all very, very much. Minus all the farting.

11 comments:

Ann said...

Have fun with your family! It sounds like they are a lot of fun. I love hanging out with some of my cousins. The little ones are always so cute and do say those things that stay in your mind forever.

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Sounds like you and your cozs are going to have a wild time reeking havoc in your city. When I'm with my cozs, it's very similar. We're just like you gals...loud and boisterous. So much fun! Enjoy! ;) Stacy

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Oh boy... I feel a cackle coming on!

so NOT cool said...

Hey, have yourself a grand time. But, it sounds like you are sure to anyhow. ;)

Chat Blanc (aka Sandy) said...

ah, the joys of family. :) I giggled through this post, imagining your conversations and the smells! LOL! Enjoy!

Maura said...

Too funny! Have fun while they're a'visitin'.

Z said...

Sounds like some (loud) fun will be had by all! Love it!

snarkygirl08 said...

Hello!! I am de-lurking myself on your blog and as a hello, you've been tagged!
http://snarkygirl08.wordpress.com/2008/08/11/ive-been-tagged/

duchessjane.com said...

Whenever I spend time with my family, I come home with my full-blown North Dakota accent. Think "Fargo" but somehow even worse and more Canadian. It takes about a week to get rid of.

JD at I Do Things said...

Ah. Cousins and bodily functions. They do go hand in hand. Have a wonderful visit.

JD at I Do Things

180/360 said...

Hope you are having a great time. :)