Monday, August 4, 2008

Walking and Chewing Gum at the same time... not going to happen

When walking the dog today, I decided to take an alternate route. One which, once doggie had done her business, did not have a trash receptacle in plain sight. This is typical, as I can often be seen wandered downtown with a baggie of dog poo in hand. It's just one of the joys of doggie-parenthood. I like to believe it deters weirdos from approaching me (not to mention anyone else).

This evening as we strolled, I started thinking about what needed to be done tonight, this week, and the next couple of weeks with one eye on the lookout for a trash can. A couple of blocks later, I spotted a receptacle in the distance. I went back to my mental list trying to decide whether to vacuum or fold laundry, check e-mail or eat dinner first. Decisions, decisions.

As I went to dispose of the special package, I stopped as if a hypnotist had snapped his fingers. Said receptacle was not in fact a trash can, but a mailbox.

Ten years of bad karma for crappifying pounds of public mail sitting in a hot, metal box: Successfully avoided.

10 comments:

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Well, thank goodness you realized it BEFORE you dropped it in. Cause, EWWW.

so NOT cool said...

It never fails that my dog has to DO HER BUSINESS right at the beginning of the walk and then, like you, I have to lug it around for the next half hour. Occasionally, I spot a garbage can, walk to it, and then find a sign that says, "No animal waste, please."

Damn it.

Maura said...

Ha! I would have liked to see the look on your face when you realized what you were about to do. Glad you "came to" when you did!

la said...

ha ha ha

Mama Kalila said...

:-D Glad you stopped too.. ewee

Julie said...

I feel your pain. I too have carried many a poo bag along my entire walk looking for somewhere to dump it. You could have used the mailbox...it was in a bag right!? :)

www.peglegstarfish.com

JD at I Do Things said...

I can think of some mail I've gotten lately that would've benefited from a good slathering of hot dog poo.

Do you ever dog-walk in my neighborhood?

JD at I Do Things

sweetcheese said...

Like Maura, I would like to have seen your face. Or even better, seen what you would have done if you actually dropped it in...

YogaforCynics said...

Actually, I'd think having the bag of dog poo in your hand would probably deter your usual garden-variety weirdos, but attract the more hardcore weirdos.

Z said...

Ah, carrying dog poo. I've been there many a time, and will probably be again... um, maybe this afternoon? Yeah.
Glad you avoided the mailbox, though! :)