Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Don't Hassle the Hoff

I sent a mass e-mail out to my co-workers letting them know that I would be leaving and that I would miss them all. A copy is below:


To: Fellow Co-Workers
From: Sheila Dilling
Subject: I am HOFF to Oklahoma!

Hey there, co-workers of mine! Guess what?
I am moving to Oklahoma ! Shocking news, yes?












My last day at *Anonymous Company* will be September 24th. I have been offered a remarkable opportunity and I couldn’t pass it up. I gave it a lot of thought…










… and decided it was time…












… for a change.

I’ll be starting a whole new adventure and I am very excited.










It is in a different industry and will give me the opportunity to utilize my creative skills.













I am not taking much with me. Just me and my little dog….












The movers are coming at the end of this week (eek!). I hit the road on the 29th.













Of course, I will miss everything about California . Like hanging at the beach…













… and the relaxing weather.














Oklahoma is COLD!! So I am packing ALL of my sweaters…













…. because I definitely want to stay toasty.






Of course, I will miss my family and friends the most and I include all of the great people I’ve met at *Anonymous Company* in that group:










I am sure the holidays will be tough…









… but I do have family in Oklahoma to keep me company! YAY for family ties!!













I am confident everything will work out….













… who knows what the future will hold for me?









You may not even recognize me the next time you see me!













So, here I come, Oklahoma ! Perhaps I will meet a handsome cowboy and finally settle down…













Until we meet again, some words to live by….













Your friend,
Sheila Dilling
p.s. PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



20 comments:

sweetcheese said...

Even though I have read this so many times, I still laugh so hard when I see it! (And I posted it too because we have to spread the Hoff.)

cyndy said...

That toast is totally disturbing.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

By the way, that comment above was me, from a different account. D'oh!

Frog the Dog said...

Yoohoo Sheasy, happy moving!
I think it's great that you are leaving the dog hair behind, it always adds character to a place.

Hope you have a frogtastic time trying out your new life!
I was just admiring your yummy felt art - it might be just the thing for Frog Ted, he's not allowed real ice cream:)

Bimmy the Bookish said...

Hiya!
We really laughed at the comment you left us - and we love your blog too so have added you to our blogroll at reading hero (our grown up space) to help us to find you again.
Frog is VERY taken with your felt food!
He is saving up his pocket money and telling his friends about it :)
Have fun out there!

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Even your farewell letters are filled with all kinds of crazy laughter.

Seriously, you took ALL the funny genes.

Insta-mom said...

What did I learn today? That there are waaaay too many pictures of David Hasselhoff floating around the internet.

gingela5 said...

I love the Hoff--he's one sexy beast! And can't wait to have you in Oklahoma!

Rosa Murillo said...

oh my gosh, I did not knew there were so many pictures of this guy, Where do you work anyway? the Hoff's fan club in California? LOL!
Have a great trip to Oklahoma!

Vixen said...

That is the best going away email ever in the history of the world. Seriously.

Maura said...

That was...incredible. Are the people in your *Anonymous Company* office still peeing themselves with laughter?

I don't think I would have had the strength to look at quite that many pictures of him in order to pick the ones you wanted to use. I am in awe.

stef said...

whoa, I think that's the most I've ever seen of the Hoff.

I'm a little scared. haha ;)

Nooo, it was hilarious! What a great way to say farewell.

Judith Shakespeare said...

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

I can think of no better way to say farewell. Thank for the laugh and may the Hoff be with you as well, honey!

Tammie said...

Ok Shelia Dilling...everytime I log onto blog catalog I look at your blog first because it's always entertaining but this just takes the cake. I totally just laughed my ass off.

Miriam said...

OMG the Hoff! You made my morning. This was way too funny to read at my desk trying hard not to laugh out loud!

B Boys Mom said...

This is very very funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Rebecca said...

I don't recall seeing you around my blog before. Thanks for stopping by.

:)

Tiffany Teske said...

Ok, you are like the coolest person I know, Sheas! Thanks for the blast from the past and the laughter! How many images of the Hoff did you go through? Did you Photoshop the one with the paintbrushes and the gun? If so, that is true dedication! PS Good luck with the move :P I know how much you enjoy the act of moving...

AnastasiaSpeaks said...

OMG, that's so funny. I can't believe you found all of those pictures of the Hoff...or did you have them all already?

LiteralDan said...

You must have a massive index of Hoff pictures-- impressive!

I wish there were fun people like you at my old company, to send out cool messages like this when they left.