Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Everything is okay and OK!

There has been a lot of excitement in the house of sheasy over the last two weeks.

Apologies for the lack of posts, as I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to share my big announcement. And while I have had other posts "in the wings" each of them seem to relate to the big news in some way or another. In a sense, the "news" constipated this blog. And now it's all bloated and it's pants are fitting too tight.

It is clear to me now that no new posts could come until I jumped into the bag and wrestled that cat out with my own two bare hands!! So here's my news:

I am moving from California to Oklahoma!

This move means switching industries (weeeee!) and leaving my friends and family behind (boo hoo). A lot is happening and I'll do my best to share as much of my process as I can. In the meantime, enjoy one of my thrifty niftys!

Below is a vintage souvenir handkerchief featuring the lovely state of Oklahoma:

Vintage Souvenir Kerchief

Much more chic than GoogleMaps, yes?

(Love thrift store scores? More thrifty niftys posted over there on the left.)

9 comments:

so NOT cool said...

Can Google maps dry your tears? I don't think so. Can you crumple up Google maps and throw it in the washing machine. I DON'T THINK SO. Can Google maps go in your pocket for an emergency? Okay, maybe.

Still, cute Okie hankie wins by two points.

robayre said...

What the heck is "sooner state" mean? Matt just looked it up saying that when the Indian territory was opened up to settlers, some people went in early to claim the land before the others had a chance. Those people were called "Sooners". Those dirty Sooners. So what? Oklahoma is the Sooner state. They keep all the dirty Sooners in one state, kind of like Australia was for criminals.
I betcha those Sooners play a lot of ping ping too.

sweetcheese said...

We "locals" sure are going to miss you (and Piper!). I may need my own Oklahoma hankie soon...

coffee81 said...

Wow! Lovely piece of work you got there!

sheasy said...

You guys are the coolest ever. Feeling pretty lucky to have web pals as witty as you all.

Ping-ping tournament at my new place in Okie!!! Piper can ref.

180/360 said...

Congrats on the move! Sending my best wishes your way for all that is in store. I've met quite a few people through blogging from OK and they all seem amazingly nice.

Maura said...

Wow! Didn't see that coming. Congrats! That will be an interesting change, to be sure.

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Ok, what gives? What has led to this big adventure? Tell us pleassssse! Is it work, a love, you love Oklahoma? ;) Stacy

Insta-mom said...

Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry...

Sorry...totally cliche, but just the mere mention of Oklahoma and the stream of showtunes blocks any sensible thoughts I may have. Sigh.

And after that particular song, I will spend the rest of the day quoting lines from "When Harry Met Sally."