Monday, September 15, 2008

Goodbye, Apartment 17

Goodbye, apartment

When I moved into this apartment, I gave up a lot of little comforts: no dishwasher, no garbage disposal, no washer and dryer, no central heat & air, and definitely no extra space. Also, the peephole in the front door? Very conveniently located if I had a third eye in between my boobs.

I loved this apartment and it has been my home for the last three years. It has old fashioned radiators and retro tile work. There are built-ins in the kitchen and the closet so everything has it's own place. From the front window, I have watched a variety of parades and an international bike race. Many, many bottles of wine have been emptied here preceding impromptu dance parties and a wrestling match.

But my favorite thing about this place is the afternoon light. It fills the entire apartment with sunshine, giving it the impression that it is always having the best day ever. Thanks, No. 17, you have been great. Sorry about all of the dog hair.

14 comments:

Andrea said...

*sniff* Good-bye, one-seven. I'll always remember how good you looked on that first day.

Especially compared to the shoe box we were shown first.

sweetcheese said...

Your pictures look even better all together like that!

Maura said...

Awww. It's always hard to leave somewhere, isn't it? I love the pics.

Mrs. Who said...

OK, I just now found you from your comment on my blog - where are you moving?

Laurie of the Seven Stories said...

It is always hard to leave "home". That last goodbye is always tough but hopefully what is on the horizon will be an even better fit.

Good luck with everything!

Eternal Sunshine said...

Those floors are amazing. It looks like it was a great little place. Sorry you're gonna miss it.

Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

Cookie said...

That is a great looking apartment. I love a place with it's own personality and history.
Good luck with your move!

Vixen said...

You don't have a third eyeball between your breasts?!?!? Am I the only one?

Lovely pics and I am sure Apt 17 liked the dog hair.

so NOT cool said...

Oh, so much loveliness in that apartment. Beautiful, beautiful details and SUNSHINE! My home needs more sunshine.

Okay, now ... photos of the new pad?!

Insta-mom said...

That's how I felt about #20, in spite of the kitchen that was narrower than my arm span. Your pictures make it look as fabulous as I'm sure it was.

stef said...

it looks like an inviting place =) love the floors and the lighting!

good luck with the big move!

gingela5 said...

It is hard to say goodbye. And that place was so cute! I can see why the goodbye is hard!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

What a quaint little place - it will probably miss you, too. I wish you all the best and hope everything goes well in OK.

p.s. I'm an expat Californian now living in the beautiful Hill Country of Texas. This place will never replace Cali, but it has many wonderful gifts of its own to offer. Have fun finding the gifts Oklahoma has waiting for you.
p.s.s removed this comment earlier 'cuz I spelled like a dork.