Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spicy: A Tale of Love and Hate

I was inspired to write two poems today. Below:

Hot Tamales

you are so red
and chewy
you make my mouth burn
I think it's possible
that I love you

like Jen once said,
you make me drool
but in a good way
not at all like
a loss of motor skills way

let's always be friends, k?



Buffalo Wings

so many times
I've tried to love you
every time
you leave me stinging

there's never enough
celery
or bleu cheese
or napkins
to cover the pain
that remains

and now my fingernails are orange

never again

6 comments:

so NOT cool said...

The buffalo wings one is spot on. It makes me want a buffalo wing. A fake meat one, of course.

Tammie said...

i prefer to eat buffalo wings alone. in the dark.

gingela5 said...

I am with you on the Hot Tamales. I love them so much but I have to have a large glass of water on stand by.

Vixen said...

HAH. Those are both awesome. And EXACTLY how I feel about Hot Tamales and buffalo wings.

The Coconut Diaries said...

Ooh, ooh, do one on potato skins!!

180/360 said...

It's getting hot in heerrre... ;)