Saturday, October 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home

My new digs are great. I am living in a furnished apartment above a barn (how Oklahoma is that?) I had not seen the apartment beforehand, but had already decided that no matter what, I would make it work. Here is what I saw:

Mi Casa

That's right.... I have a deck! I huge deck big enough for tables and chairs and a nice bottle of wine or two. Every day since I have been here, I have been in awe of how big the sky feels. Here is a little taste of my evening view:

**Front (I cropped out the main house)**

View

**To the left: the pond (and the stairs)**

Pond View

**To the right, the lane to the main road**

View

The entire front of the apartment is windows. So at night when the moon is full, I turn out the lights and the whole place fills up with an amazing purple light. Sweet dreams for me.

Next post: some of the inside. I have a project I want to tackle and I would love to get some advice.

16 comments:

Ann said...

looks peaceful. can't wait to see the inside pics!

mary said...

beautiful view, love the looks of the apartment from the outside...looking forward to seeing the inside!

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Congrats! It looks perfect. Love the view.

P.S. What happened to Create a Day blog? It's no longer there. What's up? Please Convo me.

Thanks! Stacy :)

sweetcheese said...

That looks fantastic! The view and the space and the pond and the DECK.

gingela5 said...

Oh that is beautiful! I live in Oklahoma and I have yet to see farm land that pretty!

stef said...

That looks awesome!

so NOT cool said...

The deck is so beautiful and it goes so well with the home. Really lovely. Now, can I come and sit on it for a while?!

Bimmy the Bookish said...

Wow, that's looks so lovely! So much space!

Vixen said...

That is an great place. How lucky to get so many windows. I could never have enough windows. You really lucked out.

Ruthy said...

What a beautiful place! Congrats on the new home.

Jaimee said...

So gorgeous...lucky you!

Tiffany Teske said...

Ohmigod, Sheas, my friend Julie lived in this same house but it is in Maine, LOL. Seriously, it is VERY similar. Gorgeous! Wish I could come over for a glass of wine.

Esther V. said...

OOoohhh My GOD, what a great view! You know what I see when when there's a beautiful sunset or sunrise? Power lines, buildings and a mishmash of so many different trees that it's not even pretty to look at. I'm SO happy for you, I think this place is going to be perfect for you!

Elizabeth said...

What a great apt!
Visiting via So Mediocre!

180/360 said...

Wow! I'm glad you are getting nicely settled in.

lenno_cornish said...

The view is wonderful and is full of calmness. As for the interior of the rooms I prefer minimalism. Only the most important things arranged in a comfortable manner.