Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Told-Ya-So Dance

I took this picture on February 8th, 2008 (almost a year ago--sheesh!) on my way home from work:

'

At the time, the other Democrat was way ahead in the race for the nomination.

I was ruffling through my purse for the camera, steering with my knees, trying to concoct an endearing anecdote to share with this guy in the event I turned his bumper into the shape of a fortune cookie, all the while I kept thinking to myself, "This guy, driving right in front of me, is gonna make it happen."

And he did! Of course, he didn't do it by himself. But Mr. Honda Accord stood in line at the DMV and ordered a personalized plate with the name of the trailing Democratic nominee on it, knowing his registration would not be up until May of 2009. He believed it could be so at a time when many of us were still swelling up with inspiration and hoping it could be a possibility. This guy believed it and when I saw this license plate, I believed it, too.

So, thank you, Mr. Honda Accord. You've earned yourself a free car wash and big hug from the rest of the planet.

6 comments:

Tiffany Teske said...

Amen to that! Thank you Mr. Honda Accord and to everyone else in America, who believed, and then made it so...

so NOT cool said...

That is one great capture. I'm glad that you managed to take that photo.

Ahhhh, this week feels so fresh and I think that it's all because of Tuesday.

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Hey photojournalist! Love the shot, thanks for risking your life to get it...just joking. :)

mydogumentary said...

Wow, that's impressive!

ambika said...

This really is so awesome. I'm so glad you got this shot.

thecraftbegins said...

who knew you could get a heart printed on a license plate?